Reasons & Evidence Mini Lessons: Lesson Plans, Slides, & Graphic Organizers
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you ready to save time planning and prepping your reading mini lessons the year? This bundle of engaging mini lessons gives you 150+ lesson sets that will help your students understand key reading standards, skills, and strategies. With this one bundle, you’ll get scripted lesson plans, anchorPrice $79.50Original Price $125.25Save $45.75
Are you ready to save time planning and prepping your reading mini lessons on understanding argumentative texts? This set of engaging mini lessons gives you 9 lesson sets that will help your students understand things like author’s claim, counter claim, and reasons and evidence on a much deeper level. With this one resource, you’ll get scripted lesson plans, anchor charts, mini graphic organizers, and google slides to help you teach your whole group reading mini lessons.
These lessons are low-prep and include everything you need to teach a quick yet effective reading mini-lesson. The scripted lesson plans will save you time planning and give you the language needed to feel confident in your instruction, and the companion Google Slides help make the lesson engaging and interactive for your students.
This resource will save you tons of time and give you an easy-to-follow system for your whole group lessons.
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET:
- 9 Scripted Teacher Lesson Plans
- 9 Anchor Charts
- 9 Mini Graphic Organizers
- 9 Google Slide Sets - One For Each Lesson*
*Each lesson includes a set of companion slides to help you introduce and teach each lesson objective.
LET’S BREAK DOWN EACH ELEMENT:
- Scripted Teacher Lesson Plans: You can cross lesson planning off your list with this resource. Each lesson plan includes the following sections: Introduce & Connect, Lesson Objective, Teach/Model, Engage with Turn & Talk, and Closure. This simple framework will make it easy to teach a quick reading lesson in 15 minutes or less that is jam-packed with meaningful content. *We also include a suggested picture book you could use with this lesson; you will have to purchase the picture book on your own. It is an optional element and is not needed in order to teach the lesson.
- Anchor Charts: Each lesson includes a printable anchor chart. You can use this anchor chart to help you teach your lesson if you don’t want to use the slides, or you can display it after your lesson for a reference tool. You can also give students a copy of the anchor chart, and they can place it in their reading binder, notebook, or folder to refer back to after the lesson.
- Mini Graphic Organizer: Each lesson comes with a half-page graphic organizer. This can be given to students as an independent practice assignment after your lesson and can be paired with any text or passage.
- Google Slide Set For Each Lesson: Each lesson includes four slides to help you teach the objective for the lesson. You’ll get a teaching slide that has all the key information students need to understand the objective. You’ll also get an example slide. The example slide is either a short text, a chart, a visual, or some other tool that will help you explain and model the concept to your students. You also get a turn-and-talk slide with two discussion questions to use as a way to engage students in your lesson. The final slide is a slide to help you close your lesson.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Here is a list of all the objectives/focus skills for each lesson.
- Lesson #1 - Argumentative Texts
- Lesson #2 - Author’s Claim
- Lesson #3 - Reasons & Evidence
- Lesson #4 - Counter Argument
- Lesson #5 - Intended Audience
- Lesson #6 - Facts & Opinions
- Lesson #7 - A Variety of Evidence
- Lesson #8 - For or Against an Argument
- Lesson #9 - Evaluate a Claim
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the lesson you want to teach, pull up the Google Slide on your smart board, and you're all set to teach your reading mini-lessons.
LOVED BY TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:
- Teachers love how quick and easy it is to use this resource. You get everything you need to teach a rigorous yet engaging reading lesson… and you don’t have to do any prep for it.
- Students love how engaging these lessons are. The turn-and-talk slides give them questions to discuss with a classmate in a fun and engaging way.
- Teachers love having a system for their whole group lessons. Once you start teaching your whole group lessons with this slide system, you’ll want to teach every lesson in the same way. Having a clear and easy routine to follow for each lesson also makes it super easy to plan and prep for a sub.
- Students love getting to practice with the examples included in the slides. They are clear and concise and help students understand how to apply the lesson objective to their own reading.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I just finished using the slides to teach this unit, and it was AMAZING! Having the slides seriously increased my students’ engagement level and understanding tremendously. Thank you!!” - Laura N.
Be sure to check out the preview to learn more about this resource!
**This resource is also included in The Stellar Teacher Membership.**
I THINK YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
→Small Group Lessons - Year-Long Bundle
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.