Also included in
- Do you teach 4th or 5th grade reading? This reading resource will be a lifesaver! It includes everything you need to supplement your reading instruction for the included reading skills (see below for the skills included).IMPORTANT - I’m adding new activities to some of the skills this week. As I add$70.00$119.00Save $49.00
Need activities for teaching RI.4.8 and RI.5.8? This resource contains passages, printables, and small group activities to supplement your unit on reasons and evidences and finding the author's main point.
NOTE: This Reasons and Evidence resource now has Google Slides™ versions, making it ideal for digital distance learning and remote teaching! Please see the 3rd page of the PDF for details and the links.
1. Posters with Key Terms and Vocabulary (Color and Black and White) **Also in Google Slides**
2. Graphic Organizers, Generic Printables, and INB Templates **Also in Google Slides**
3. 5 Sets of Practice Passages **Also in Google Slides**
4. 2 Sets of Paired Practice Passages **Also in Google Slides**
5. Small Group Activity: Three Sorts **Also in Google Slides**
6. Small Group Activity: 20 Task Cards **Also in Google Slides**
This resource aligns with RI.5.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s).
All of the reasons and evidence/finding main point activities in this resource are also included in a digital version to be used with Google Slides.
See page 3 of the PDF for the links to copy the digital reasons and evidence activities to your drive.
Check out the video preview to see what the digital main points/reasons and evidence activities are like.
See the video preview for more information.
More Reading Resources and Activities: