Also included in
- Increase student engagement during interactive read alouds with Think, Jot, Share booklets. This resource makes it easy for you to plan, implement, and manage your standards-based focus using the rigorous questions provided. Printing correlating pages for the student booklet requires mandatory engag$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
Increase student engagement and depth of knowledge during interactive read alouds with Think, Jot, Share booklets. This resource makes it easy for you to plan, implement, and manage your standards-based read aloud focus using the rigorous questions provided.
Using correlating pages for the student booklet requires mandatory engagement of ALL students as they think, jot, and share their thoughts throughout the read aloud. Just select the questions, print, and go. Mark your read aloud book with pre-printed sticky notes or bookmarks (your choice) and you're ready for your read aloud lesson.
You can also repurpose the read aloud for multiple lessons using other questions with a different standard focus. These booklets are also wonderful for formative assessments to help plan further instruction accordingly. In addition to the questioning guide, student booklets, and guides for planning, implementing, and managing, this resource includes a variety of comprehension activities that target-
- recounting & sequencing the story (two versions to choose from to differentiate instruction)
- character analysis (two versions to choose from to differentiate instruction)
- cause and effect (two versions to choose from to differentiate instruction)
- vocabulary skills (application of words)
- point of view/perspective
- determining the central message of the story (guiding questions assist students' practice and success)
Can be used for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
☕ Think, Jot, Share procedure poster is included and well as very detailed directions and suggestions for implementing this resource and increasing your student engagement.
This resource includes:
✅ User guides for planning, implementing and managing interactive read aloud booklet and lesson
✅ Questioning guide for planning focus with regard to standards (read aloud story can be repurposed for MULTIPLE lessons with a different focus standard)
✅ Read aloud question markers- organized by standards in sticky note format or bookmark format
✅ Correlating student booklet pages for your read aloud focus
✅ Procedures poster for Think, Jot, Share
✅ Vocabulary cards with images and definitions (can be used for display or as a matching activity for students)
✅ Standards-based extension activities for centers, partner, guided group, or independent practice:
✐ Story Sequencing
✐ Character Analysis Activities
✐ Theme and Message
✐ Point of View Sort
✐ Vocabulary Activity (application of words)
☕ Answer Keys for activities are included
Get your students on their path to growth in reading. Click on the links below for some awesome resources to strengthen your reading curriculum and instruction...
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Follow Me to receive 50% OFF new resources during the first 24 hours of their upload. You will also receive email updates about this store and other resources available on my website.
- Subscribe to my website for engaging teaching ideas and to receive exclusive freebies.
- Follow me on Instagram for engaging activities and helpful teaching tips.
- Follow me on Pinterest for other teaching ideas.