Delight your students with five authentic and easy-to-make recipes from the Modern World:
• Sukumi Wiki (the essential African dish)
• Tomato and Basil Crostini (the ultimate toast from Europe)
• Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts from Asia
• Lamingtons (sweet cakes from Australia)
• Apple Pie (as patriotic as the stars and stripes!)
Additional information about the foods of the period gives students historical context. If you want to cook in the classroom, no problem!—parent permission slips and FDA Kitchen & Safety Rules are also included.
Recipes From The Modern World is excerpted from COOKING UP SOME WORLD HISTORY,
which provides 50 authentic recipes from 19 distinct periods of World history.
Learn more about using food to add flavor to your history teaching by visiting the COOKING UP HISTORY
Recipes From The Modern World and COOKING UP SOME WORLD HISTORY
are products of Sunflower Education.