Classroom Recipes for Success activity. Perfect for the first and week. It is a great activity for teaching classroom rules and expectations. Quick and easy to prepare!
★★★Purchase the Back to School Bundle★★★
Purchase other fun and engaging activities like this one in the Back to School Activities Galore bundle
. By purchasing the bundle instead of individual worksheets you will save 60%!!! Click Here To View!
The first week is crucial for establishing the type of classroom and student behaviors you want for the year ahead. This resource helps students to start the year in a positive manner. This recipe activity helps students to focus on what they need to do in order to have a successful year in a fun and engaging way. It can also be used as a writing and spelling sample.
Directions For Use – Recipes for Success
> Print 1 x A3 version to model responses with students.
> 1 x blank recipe worksheet for each student.
> Pencil or pen for each student.
> Coloring in pencils.
1. Engage students in a whole-class discussion about what would make this year a great year and what would make this classroom a great classroom.
2. Use the A3 worksheet to model how you could write a recipe for a great year (example given).
3. Students write their own recipe for a great classroom (and color in if time permits).
4. Provide students with the opportunity to share some of their responses.
5. Finish the activity with a whole-class teacher led discussion about what they can each do to make sure everyone has a great year and to make sure this classroom is a great classroom for everyone.
If you liked this product, you might also enjoy these products. Click the links and check them out now!
Four Operations Board Games Bundle (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
No Cost, Trackable Classroom Rewards Wall Display
Stay updated on my products and network with other teachers.
Click here to follow me on Facebook.
Click here to follow me on Pinterest
Feedback and Ratings:
A big thank you to everyone who leaves a rating or feedback. It earns you TPT credits (which you can use to reduce the cost of future purchases) but it also lets me know if you like my product and would like more of the same. I am so immensely thankful and humbled whenever someone takes the time to do this so please know that it is always greatly appreciated. :)
Thank you for reading and happy teaching!