Support your students in growing their thinking about fiction texts through these "recipes" for writing about your reading.
1. character - identifying traits with text evidence to support
2. judging character choices and making connections to what you would have done
3. connection - make meaningful connections with texts and use them to predict what might happen
4. reaction - identify how you feel about the text and give text evidence to support
5. character change - identify how and why a character changes in a book
6. question - ask a meaningful question and answer it based on text evidence