This Reciprocal Reading pack is for juniors, with simpler language and kid friendly images (I have a version for middle and upper primary in-store). Reciprocal Reading is a well-researched method used to develop learners’ reading and critical thinking skills. It improves reading comprehension through the use of four reading strategies of predicting, questioning, clarifying and summarising. I have used this with great success in my classrooms, and when students become independent, the teacher can help guide deeper thought and comprehension. With junior readers (first four years) they can be taught this simple version along with the reading skills. Reciprocal Reading gives the opportunity to teach social and co-operative learning skills in a structured way to younger readers.
The role cards have been designed with a comic style theme to appeal to students. The cards aim is to guide the students in their role and provide scaffolding for thoughtful discussions. A lesson plan will guide you along with a teaching PowerPoint.
This Reciprocal Reader Junior Pack contains:
1. Reciprocal Reading Role Cards and Note-taking Sheets PDF
2. Reciprocal Reading Lesson Plan PDF
3. Reciprocal Reading Teaching PowerPoint + PDF
4. Reciprocal Reading Junior Worksheet PDF
5. Reciprocal Reading Worksheet PDF
6. Reciprocal Reading Rubric (Doc + PDF)
7. Reciprocal Reading Bookmarks PDF
8. Reciprocal Reading Mini Role Cards PDF