NEW UPDATED RECIPROCAL READING CARDS.
Reciprocal reading is a well-researched method used to develop learners’ reading and critical thinking skills. It improves reading comprehension through the use of four reading strategies of predicting, questioning, clarifying and summarizing. I have used this with great success in my classrooms, and when students become independent, the teacher can help guide deeper thought and comprehension.
The version 1 role cards have been designed with a comic style theme to appeal to students, while the new version 2 are simpler cleaner design. The cards aim is to guide the students in their role and provide scaffolding for thoughtful discussions. A lesson plan will guide you along with a teaching PowerPoint.
This Reciprocal Reader Pack contains:
1. Reciprocal Reading Role Cards and Note-taking Sheets PDF
2. Reciprocal Reading Lesson Plan PDF
3. Reciprocal Reading Teaching PDF
4. Reciprocal Reading Worksheet PDF
5. Reciprocal Reading Rubric (Doc + PDF)
6. Reciprocal Reading Bookmarks PDF (version 1)
7. Reciprocal Reading Mini Role Cards PDF (version 1)
Looking for British Spelling? Click below.