Reconstruction Primary Documents, Reconstruction Primary Sources, U.S. Congress, Civil War, 14th Amendment, Fourteenth Amendment, Ulysses S. Grant, Inaugural Address, Civil War, Election of 1876, Compromise of 1877.
This is a PRIMARY SOURCE bundle for a Reconstruction Unit! There are 5 primary sources that students investigate having to do with Reconstruction. This is a GREAT supplement to any unit on Reconstruction. Students get to interact with real documents and speeches given from key figures from the Reconstruction!
The primary sources are meant to be supplemental to what you are already doing. Most are excerpts of the speeches, not the full speeches. These work GREAT for Middle School students, and lead to great discussions! These primary sources could be used as warmups, bellringers, quizzes, supplemental activities, homework, exit tickets, enrichment and extension activities, and much more!
Primary Sources Included in this bundle include:
- Shall I Trust These Men? by Thomas Nast
- Petition to the U.S. Congress by Henry Marrs
- Act to Enforce the 14th Amendment to the Constitution by U.S. Congress
- Second Inaugural Address by U.S. Grant
- A Truce - Not a Compromise by Thomas Nast
This product is part of the US HISTORY DBQ 75 primary source bundle! SAVE money buy getting the bundle discount! Only $19.99!
This product is a part of the Civil War and Reconstruction Unit. Products include:
1. 30 DBQ Civil War Bellringers
2. Student-Led Civil War Comic Strip Project
3. Student-Led Reconstruction Comic Strip Project
4. 5 DBQ Civil War Primary Sources
5. 5 DBQ Reconstruction Primary Sources
I hope that you enjoy this product! Please use Q & A if you have any other questions, and look for many other awesome products, games, and simulations on Playing With History!