Reconstruction Unit Bundled
The Reconstruction Era just lasted 12 years, but huge changes took place during this period. This short unit covers three constitutional amendments, the nation’s first presidential impeachment, the election of the first African American Senator, and the birth of the KKK. This Reconstruction unit includes Reconstruction PowerPoints
, primary source activities, warmups, exit tickets, a writing activity, review crossword, review Kahoot! game
, and editable assessment all bound together by daily lesson plans. This bundle has everything you need to teach all about the Reconstruction Era. Detailed lesson plans make no prep necessary, just copy/paste into your lesson plans. Everything is usable. Everything is planned. I have used this for both AP U.S. History and regular classes.
Each lesson begins with a warm-up, PowerPoint lecture, a primary source activity and an exit ticket. Reconstruction PowerPoints
include presenter notes that guide you through PowerPoint lectures and short video clips.
13th, 14th & 15th Amendments
- President Andrew Johnson
- President Ulysses S. Grant
- Black Codes
- Freedmen’s Bureau
- Share Cropping
- Tenant Farming
Cities and Industry
- Funding Reconstruction
- Reconstruction Corruption
- KKK - Spreading Terror
- Election of 1876
- Compromise of 1877
- Reconstruction - Success or Failure
This Unit Includes:
• Daily Lesson Plans - Copy/Paste into yours!
• Warmup and Exit Tickets PowerPoints
• Reconstruction PowerPoints with Video Clips, Lecture Notes
• The Reconstruction Amendments Primary Source Activity
• The Freedmen's Bureau Bill Primary Source Activity
• A Sharecroppers Contract Primary Source Exercise
• Reconstruction Success or Failure Paper
• Reconstruction Crossword Puzzle Review
• Editable assessment/test
• Plus extras!
More on the way!
"Follow me" to be the first to learn about more great stuff! Find me on Pinterest at Teaching History
or U.S. History Store
. And follow
Teaching History on Facebook