In this unit you will find the following...
• Lesson Plans for 3 weeks
• Questions for a historical fiction novel
• 3 Graphic Organizers
• 2 Power Points
• 2 Reflection Assignments
• Writing assignment and rubric
• 2 Review Games
• Study Guide
• Unit Test
This unit covers the following standards...
• Summarize the aims and course of Reconstruction, including the effects of Abraham Lincoln’s assassination, Southern resistance to the rights of freedmen, and the agenda of the Radical Republicans.
• Explain the effects of Reconstruction, including new rights under the thirteenth, fourteenth, and fifteenth amendments; the actions of the Freedmen’s Bureau; and the move from a plantation system to sharecropping.
• Explain the purpose and motivations of subversive groups during Reconstruction and their rise to power after the withdrawal of federal troops from the South.
• Compare the political, economic, and social effects of Reconstruction on different populations in the South and in other regions of the United States.