8 slide printable Powerpoint that covers:
- A breakdown of the term "Reconstruction" politically, socially, & economically
- The contrasting viewpoints of President Johnson & the Radical Republicans in Congress over how Reconstruction should be carried out
- The impeachment of Andrew Johnson & subsequent implementation of Radical Reconstruction
- The elements of Radical Reconstruction & Southern backlash against Northern occupation
- The efforts of Congress to guarantee rights to freedmen and the development of the Freedman's Bureau
- The controversial election of 1876 and how the Compromise of 1877 ends the period of Reconstruction in the South
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed and emphasized that frequently appear on NY State U.S. History Regents Exams
- Numerous photographs, illustrations, & graphics to support understanding of topics such as the military districts of Radical Reconstruction, the New South, Northern Carpetbaggers, and the election of 1876
- Maps to support understanding of geographic concepts such as the division of the former Confederate States into military districts during Radical Reconstruction
***Intended for use in U.S. History classrooms in preparation for the New York State U.S. History & Government Regents Exam***
!!!!!!!!Cloze notes (Guided notes) available free upon request!!!!!!!
Contact me personally for a version of the Power point with important terms and information missing for students to fill in for increased focus and concentration. Customers can email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com and I will reply with the Cloze version attached.