Looking for quick and easy activities for B, A, and G, for recorder? Wanting lessons that are student-centered, and can work for at-home work when schools are closed, and/or for homeschooling?
This fun set of activities involves very little prep and materials, and has students choosing which activity they'd like to do to practice B, A, and G on recorder. This set can be used in a whole group, in small groups, individually on 1:1 Chromebooks, and/or at home, and includes the following:
- A Google Slides™ file with eight hyperlinked choices for students to choose, including:
- A video to help students practice the note "B," by playing rhythm patterns all on one note
- A video play-along to practice B and A
- A "Hot Cross Buns" play-along
- A video to teach/ review parts of the recorder
- A space-themed note reading game, to practice naming B, A, and G on the treble clef staff
- A video to begin learning "Suo Gan," by echoing patterns
- A recorder assessment, to practice naming notes and fingerings for B, A, and G
- A game to improvise patterns with B, A, and G
- Lesson suggestions, with materials, and objectives
- A self-reflection, which can be edited and printed for students to fill out
Note: In order for you to use this, you will need to be fairly comfortable with technology, as you will have to be able to access the file in Google Slides. If you are not 1:1 with Chromebooks, you can use this as a whole group, with students voting on the activities they'd like to do.
This lesson could be used more than once with the same class, as the activities total approximately 36 minutes, so could be spread out over more than one lesson. Students can also repeat an activity if they need more practice!
This set will soon be part of a recorder bundle!
© 2020 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google and the Google Logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
Interested in more recorder activities? Check out these:
Thanks for looking! You can visit my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com.