A journal for swimming week which provides scaffolds and prompts for students to write about swimming week, including room for pictures and photographs.
In my classroom I have students filling out a swimming journal. This links their time spent swimming with writing and is a valuable writing opportunity in a crowded curriculum.
There are prompts to promote writing on each page. This includes:
- student cover page which can be decorated by students
- today at swimming I... (multiple copies could be used in the booklet)
- extra lined pages
- swimming group description
- swimming week summary
- something new I learnt this week (& steps to complete it)
- some photographs of me swimming (if consent available)
You can print and use all the pages or just select certain pages. You may also add your own lined paper for students to write a recount using the information they added to their booklet.
All feedback and ratings are appreciated!