Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
61.61 MB | 57 pages
This package is full of posters that explore the structure and language features of a recount. The posters and printables can be used and adapted for any theme. Examples include a sleepover with annotated instructions.
The word wall cards can be used to for sorting games, reading the room and for inspiration to help students learn the important parts of the opening statement/orientation.
A day at the zoo!
A field trip to the zoo is explored through four different types of recounts; a written recount, postcard, diary and a news report.
Students can review, discuss and compare the language, audience, purpose and structure of each example.
1. What is a recount poster
2. Types of recounts factual, personal and imaginative
3. Parts of a recount posters
4. Language Features
5. Learning goal
6. Parts of Orientation posters; What? Who? Where? When? and Why?
7. Word wall cards – Who?, Where?, What?, When? And Why?
8. Reading the room - orientation sort
9. The Sleepover Example, plus annotated example
10. Zoo Excursions examples and comparison
11. Recount, postcard, diary and news report
12. Post card blank and with lines.
13. Dear Diary writing BLM
14. News report BLM
15. Recount example and BLM
The blank worksheets can be used for a variety of activities.
Thank you for your interest and if you like my items please do not forget to follow me to see any new items.