This activity can be used as homework or as an in-class pair/small group activity. This activity strives to help students solidify their knowledge of the relationship between position functions, velocity functions, and acceleration functions.
I do my best to introduce rectilinear motion early (see my 1st Day Of School Homework packet – free on TPT – to see how the “elevator problem” helps students get a simple introduction of rectilinear motion) and regularly throughout each unit.
Topics in this worksheet include:
• Given the graph of the position function of a particle, answer questions related to the motion of the particle.
• Given a function as the position of a particle, answer questions related to the motion of the particle
• Given the graph of the velocity function of a particle, answer questions related to the motion of the particle.
• Speeding up versus slowing down.
• JUSTIFY your reasoning.
• And just for fun, one Linear Approximation Problem and one Mean Value Theorem Problem!