This new picture book, Red: A Crayon's Story, by Michael Hall is perfect for teaching students about acceptance, compassion, empowerment, friendship, and celebrating who they are! Red is a crayon who is expected to create things that are red. With the help from his friends and family, he continues to try and try, but can't seem to get it right. One day, a new friend asks him to create an ocean and he experiences success for the first time in his life (because he realizes he is actually blue on the inside)! Though the message in this story is applicable for many ages, this product was created specifically for 2nd-6th grade. Please check the preview to determine the appropriateness for your own class of students.
This story can be applicable to students in so many different ways, but I chose to focus on this list of topics:
- 14 discussion questions in list form and in task card form (some are text dependent and some are designed as reflection questions)
- An optional answer sheet for the 14 discussion questions
- A self-acceptance printable
- A peer pressure printable
- A writing prompt with an optional back page
- You are a STAR (write positive things about one of your classmates)
- A printable about labels given to people (positive labels and negative labels)
- 5 full color posters with inspirational quotes that applicable to the story (all 5 posters are also available in black-and-white)
- 5 printables that correspond to the quotes (each printable asks students how they can apply the quotes to their own lives)
If you have questions about the content of this product, please ask prior to your purchase, as I am happy to help you decide if this product is right for your needs.
You may also be interested in the following categories of products in my store:
GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITES
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE PRODUCTS
CHARACTER TRAITS PRODUCTS
PRODUCTS WITH EDUCATIONAL POSTERS - BULLETIN BOARDS
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you will need to log in) and you’ll see a Provide Feedback
button. Click on it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I strive for perfect feedback and am happy to help you with the product. If you have any issues with the product, please give me a chance to fix it prior to leaving feedback. Thanks so much!
♥ ♥ ♥ Please visit my store KIRSTEN'S KABOODLE
and follow me for new products and freebies! ♥ ♥ ♥