Little Red Riding Hood and Lon Po Po Comparing and Contrasting and much more.
Cinderella stories around the world are so much fun to teach, so why not take it further. This unit focuses on Little Red Riding Hood stories such as Lon Po Po, a story from China, and Honestly, Red Riding Hood was Rotten. This unit includes posters with guiding questions for each Common Core skill and activities to practice the skill or for assessment. This year, we were asked to use Red Riding Hood as an extension to our rules and citizenship unit. We will be focusing on comparing and contrasting and identifying the central message or lesson of each story.
What is included:
• Posters explaining standards and how to search the text.
• Graphic Organizer linking the actions of Red Riding Hood to following rules in Social Studies.
• Bubble maps describing character traits.
• Venn Diagrams comparing stories
• Two types of flap books describing the point of view and voice.
• A four square graphic organizer for each story and flap books describing story structure.
• A flap book describing the character response to events in the story.
• Paper bag book instructions and activities. There are several ways you can organize the bag book. It depends on your unit. You can compare and contrast each story. You could also compare and contrast the two stories, then include the book Honestly, Red Riding Hood was Rotten. This will allow you to teach point of view.
Thanks so much! Yvonne De Aguiar from Teaching on the Sunny Side
Please visit me…
>>>My Facebook Page<<<
My Instagram: Teaching on the Sunny Side
Search Terms: Little Red Riding Hood /Red Riding Hood /Lon Po Po /Honestly, Red Riding Hood was Rotten /fairly tales /Compare and Contrast/lesson/moral