- This Black History Movie Guide Bundle #1 contains four movie guides from my store for a reduced price. This mini bundle includes: Hidden Figures, Red Tails, 42, and Selma. I included 4 films that focus on different arenas of progress for African Americans during the 20th Century. One film focuse$8.50$4.99Save $3.51
- This movie bundle contains four films all inspired by true events. Included in this bundle are: Togo, Red Tails, The Rookie, and Invincible. Each of these films are available for individual purchase if you are only interested in one or two of these movie guides. You can also check out a preview for$9.99$6.50Save $3.49
- This U.S. History Bundle contains 7 of my movie guides fora reduced price! All of these movie guides are available for individual sale but you receive a discounted price by purchasing them in this bundle. I have listed each of the movies and a link to them on my site. Iron Jawed Angels Movie Guide$16.49$10.99Save $5.50
- This bundle for World War II includes a movie guide for Red Tails, Midway, and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. It also includes a Dr. Seuss political cartoon analysis assignment and a World War II Inventions, Technologies, and Advancement gallery hop. The Dr. Seuss assignment can be completed as a$11.98$7.99Save $3.99
- This Black History Month Movie Bundle contains 10 of my movie guides for a special reduced price. I have also included a bonus movie guide! Each of these movies are for individual sale in my store if you would rather just purchase one film. They are also available in mini bundles as well. The li$22.49$14.99Save $7.50
George Lucas' film, Red Tails, is an action packed look at the heroic efforts of the Tuskegee Airmen during World War II. These men were a part of the 332nd Fighter Group and fought with bravery for a country that still discriminated against them.
This film would be a wonderful resource during your WWII Unit, African American Studies, or Black History Month. The film has an all-star cast consisting of Nate Parker, Michael B. Jordan, David Oyelowo, Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr., Ne-Yo, Bryan Cranston, and more. The film is 125 minutes in length and is rated PG-13 for some sequences of war violence.
The movie guide contains 50 questions to assure the students stay on task for the film. This would be easy to leave for Sub Plans or to use for a last minute lesson. An answer key has been provided for your convenience. My students love this film and it covers a part of history that many need and want to know more about.
Other movie guides/documentaries in my store available for Black History Month:
Harriet- The heroic tale of Harriet Tubman and her work as a conductor on the Underground Railroad
Green Book- Musician traveling the South during the Kim Crow Era
BlacKkKlansman- True story of African American cop who infiltrated the KKK
42- The Story of Jackie Robinson
Race- Jesse Owens and the 1936 Olympics
Glory Road- The 1966 NCAA Championship
Hidden Figures- The Women of NASA
Selma- Dr. Martin L. King Jr. and Voting Equality
Mudbound- Sharecropping/Life in the 1950s South
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks- One woman's cells helping millions and the family's struggle to know the truth about their mother.
The Hate U Give- based off of Angie Thomas' best-selling novel.
Marshall- The early years of Thurgood Marshall and his work with the NAACP
Black Panther- African American representation in film
The Express- The Ernie Davis Story/football
Remember the Titans- A true story about a football team overcoming their differences during their first year of integration
Best of Enemies- The true story of an unlikely friendship between a Ku Klux Klan president, C.P. Ellis, and an African American civil rights activist, Ann Atwater that develops as their district debates integration.
Loving- Based on the Loving v. Virginia Supreme Court Case/interracial marriage
The Help- Set during 1963, a young white author is inspired to write about African American women and their work as the caretakers and housekeepers for white families in Jackson, Mississippi.
The Great Debaters- Based off the true story of the Wiley College professor, Melvin B. Tolson, who led his African American team to the national broadcast debate at Harvard University.
Lee Daniels' The Butler- A man, Cecil Gaines, serves as a White House butler during seven administrations and has a front row seat to history.
Ghosts of Mississippi- Medgar Evers murderer takes the stand over 30 years after the initial crime. This true story follow Mrs. Evers and a Mississippi's D.A. fight for justice.
A Ballerina's Tale- The story of Misty Copeland and her rise to becoming the first African American principal dancer.
Kevin Hart's Guide to Black History Month- The documentary tells the stories of individuals that many may not be aware of when it comes to African American advancements and innovations and also shares the stories of some well-known figures.
Just Mercy- Based on the true story of Bryan Stevenson, a civil rights defense attorney, and his early work with the Equal Justice Initiative.
The Banker- It's based on the true story of two African American entrepreneurs, Bernard Garrett and Joe Morris, in the 1960s who wanted to expand the housing market to include more African Americans
By purchasing this item, you agree to use this for your personal classroom use only and will not share with others or post online. Additional licenses are available for a reduced cost.