I admit, I don't always get around to teaching about reducing, reusing, and recycling on Earth day. With so much going on, it's often a few weeks later. But, with this bundle, you can teach about reducing, reusing, and recycling at any time through fact and opinion writing, language word sorting skills, and foundational skills! It covers 4 Common Core first grade standards (1.W.1, 1.W.2, 1.L.5.a., and 1.RFS.1.a) along with additional worksheets. This 26 page bundle includes:
1. 7 individual posters with images and definitions of reduce, reuse, recycle, compost, landfill, renewable resource, and pollutant.
2. 2 worksheets on facts and opinion sentences related to reducing, reusing, and recycling.
3. A fact writing graphic organizer and writing page
4. An opinion writing graphic organizer and writing page
5. 2 worksheets where students look at the category word and have to fill in words to match the category.
6. 2 worksheets where students read the category words and decide which word doesn't fit in that category.
7. A worksheet where students read the category words and decide the title of the category.
8. A cut and paste worksheet where students sort words.
9. 2 worksheets on print concepts, students read the short paragraphs or sentences and answer questions based on standard 1.RFS.1a.
10. 3 worksheets where students read the vocabulary word and draw an illustration to match.
Teacher tip: I always start teaching my first graders using the posters. It's a great way for all my students, especially my ESL students, to connect to the vocabulary and definitions.
Please FOLLOW ME for me fun products and FREEBIES! Also, check out my blog: www.mtasch.edublogs.org to see our classroom routines, ideas, and fun!