REDUCING FRACTIONS POWERPOINT FUN QUIZ
* REDUCING FRACTIONS ~ HOW IMPORTANT IS THAT??
* IMAGINE A PROGRAM THAT STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN IF THEY GET EVEN ONE ANSWER WRONG - THIS ONE DOES!
* IMAGINE A PROGRAM THAT IS SELF-CORRECTING - THIS ONE IS!
* These 47 slides will challenge, reinforce and entertain your students as they reduce fractions to lowest terms.
* This program consist of three different sections. They are:
Section 1 – REDUCE TO LOWEST TERMS - students are given a fraction to reduce to lowest terms and a set of POSSIBLE answers; students must select the correct reduced answer or NONE as a possibility! examples get more difficult as they progress;
Section 2 – NOT YET REDUCED - students are given a SET of fractions and must select ONE, TWO or even THREE that are NOT YET REDUCED to lowest terms; challenging and effective;
Section 3 – BACKWARDS REDUCING! – students must find the ORIGINAL fraction that could be reduced! This will make them THINK!
* EACH TIME AN ANSWER IS WRONG, THE PROGRAM STARTS ALL OVER FROM THE BEGINNING! Your students may find this frustrating yet fun as they TRY to make it all the way through to the end.
* DID I SAY IT WAS SELF-CORRECTING?
* 47 slides in all with great graphics and animation! See the download preview.
* * TEACHING SUGGESTION – take your class to the computer lab and have them try this all at the same time. You could even pair them up and keep track of who finishes or how many times they can make it through the program in a set amount of time!
Created and designed by David Filipek.
(Reducing Fractions PowerPoint Fun Quiz)
Copyright© 2014 David Filipek
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission for downloads to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.