Need a review activity to do with your students before Thanksgiving Break? Use Reducing Fractions Turkey activity to help keep your students working even when they are in anticipation of Thanksgiving Break! Your students can practice reducing 17 fractions while “decorating” their turkey for a fun Thanksgiving themed fun! ANSWER KEY INCLUDED for easy grading!
*NO PREP NEEDED other than making copies! The feather pieces can be cut out by the students themselves!
Directions for Set-Up:
• Print off enough sets of feathers and turkeys for each student/pair you will have.
Directions for Activity:
• Students cut out feathers.
• Students pick a feather.
• Students reduce the fraction on the feather on the student work sheet in the space provided for that feather.
• Students find answer to that feather on the turkey picture and glue it down. (Have them color it if you’d like for more fun!)
Directions for Grading:
• Check student work sheet with answer key to ensure answers are correct and work was completed.
Paper Saving Tips:
• Print off just enough feather and turkey copies for the amount of pairs you will have. Do NOT have students glue them down on the turkey. Instead, reuse the sets for your next class/year!
• Also, have students use their own paper for their work instead of printing off the Student Work Sheet.