Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
This mega bundle includes everything you need to teach your students about the five basic types of reference materials: the dictionary, thesaurus, atlas, almanac, and encyclopedia. Besides learning about how to use these reference books, students also learn about some specifics about each type of reference book!
Some of the extras include:
Dictionary: how to use a pronunciation guide, using guide words
Thesaurus: choosing the best synonym for your sentence
Almanac: the difference between the Farmer's Almanac & the World Almanac
Atlas: using the table of contents and index to find a particular map
Encyclopedia: the differences between the print and online versions
This bundle includes:
- 112-slide PowerPoint, which includes 21 multiple choice questions at the end! (This PowerPoint is HUGE! It is designed to be used over multiple days.) You have my permission to convert this PowerPoint to Google Slides, if you wish.
- 7-page matching PowerPoint companion handout- You get to choose whether to use the printable companion handout or the digital version (compatible with Google Slides).
- 24 task cards **You may choose between printable version, Google Slides version, or Google Forms version.
- 3 worksheets (Basic Dictionary Skills, Guide Words, Thesaurus Practice) **You may choose between printable version or the Google Slides version.
- I Have... Who Has...? Guide Word Game **You may choose between printable version or the Google Slides version.**
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
Please note: The PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, background).
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!