This is a super cool, easy to make student resource that sits on your students' tables, giving them a ready resource to common facts and information.
Included here are six different pyramid sides and two ready made pyramid templates. Use the ready made pyramids or mix and match as is your wont.
Pyramid Sides included:
- Connectives and Punctuation: A list of conjunctions in order of complexity and a quick reference to common punctuation marks.
- Maths Facts and Formulae: Common area and perimeter formulae, negative number example, common conversions (metric) and cardinal points.
- Math Facts and Formulae: Common area and perimeter formulae, negative number example, common conversions (imperial) and cardinal points (for US students).
- Sentence Openers and Vocabulary: Common sentence starters and a list of interesting words to use in written texts.
- Writing Checklist and Punctuation: An editing checklist along with a list of common genre types and quick reference to common punctuation marks.
- Place Value and Times Table Facts: 15x15 Times tables reference, place value example, including decimals and multiplying/dividing by ten quick reference.
- Table Points: A great way to keep table names and points record - students love this and they can keep the whiteboard marker under their pyramid!
Beyond the individual poster sized sides which you can mix and match to create your own unique Pyramids, also included are two high resolution "ready to made" pyramids.
Constructing these pyramids is super easy too! Print a ready to make pyramid to your desired size (A3 recommended).Laminate the resulting print out.Cut around the graphic, leaving approximately 0.5cm border all the way around, remembering to leave a small flap as shown in the photo.Score the internal edges with the back of a knife.Fold along the scored edges.Create your pyramid by folding the edges inwards and sticky taping the single loose edge.
Once put together, I have found the laminate makes these stronger than they look - My first batch has survived more than six months with three Grade 5/6 classes, held together by only one single piece of sticky tape!