There are thirty-two task cards in this set. There are eight different sets of four exercises.
• Cards 1-4: basic reflections over the x- or y-axis with transformation descriptions
• Cards 5-8: basic rotation clockwise and counter-clockwise about the origin with transformation descriptions
• Cards 9-12: double rotations connected with single rotations
• Cards 13-16: double rotations-reflections with descriptions
• Cards 17-20: complete figure through reflections and reflect again with transformation descriptions
• Cards 21-24: perform the described transformation and then describe the type of transformation illustrated
• Cards 25-28: perform the described double transformation and then describe the types of transformations illustrated
• Cards 29-32: given a transformation description in the form (x,y)→(x,-y), the student must describe the type of transformation
There are several ways these cards can be used in a classroom setting.
• Cards can be set up in stations and students visit each station and complete between 1-4 of the cards at the station.
• Four groups can be formed in the class and each group does one of the four questions in each set.
• Students can be assigned different sets of cards based upon their needs and to differentiate the lesson.
A student recording sheet is included. There are six blank grids, that match the grids on the cards. Students can record the number of the card they are completing in the box and then show their solution.
A complete set of solutions is included.
Comments from Buyers:
• Can't wait to use
• Great resources, some questions seemed too complex for math 8 students
• Great Resource!