I used this text and its accompanying activities with my Spanish I students at the end of the year, this could also be used with Spanish 2 as well. The suite includes:
1. La vida es Sana text- article about Teen sleeping habits affect them in a number of ways.
2. Pre-reading activities such as vocabulary matching, verb definition and cloze-text activity with the goal of making the text more approachable and comprehensible.
3. 8 Task cards regarding the habits of Teens (pre-reading).
4. Note-taking document- yes, my Spanish 1 students had to read and take notes just like they do in English class! I had them work together on this. It was really fun and they were proud of themselves at the end.
5. The notes include a space where they have to come up with basic, intermediate and advanced questions. We did this when I taught in an IB school and it works well especially in getting them to ask good questions. I had to do a mini lesson on the difference, but I included the question stem-types.
6. We use the questions for a whole class conversation or Amy's conversation circle. They ask the questions and I sit back and grade. More information on Conversation Circle can be found on Pinterest.
7. Post comprehension questions (I usually give this as an assessment). They have to use textual evidence in their response.
8. Writing prompt- Since this unit is done in conjugation with learning about reflexives, they complete a writing sample at the end.
I used this activity to assess the interpersonal mode (conversation circle) and the interpretive mode (reading and comprehension)