Also included in
- The Progressive Era & American Imperialism No Prep Unit Bundle: PowerPoints, Passages, Activities, QuizzesThis resource pack is a no prep complete UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about the Progressive Era & US Imperialism that includes 3-4 weeks of materials. There are 4 complete lessons, an$14.95$19.80Save $4.85
- US History Vol. 2 No Prep Unit Bundle: PowerPoints, Passages, Activities, QuizzesVERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!!This resource is a growing bundle. I have had many requests of teachers wanting to go ahead and purchase this bundle instead of purchasing the units separately. As units are added, you can$127.99$148.50Save $20.51
- US History No Prep Unit Bundle: PowerPoints, Passages, Activities, QuizzesVERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!!This resource is a growing bundle. I have had many requests of teachers wanting to go ahead and purchase this bundle instead of purchasing the units separately. As units are added, you can simply$219.95$341.55Save $121.60
Reform Movements of the Progressive Era No Prep Lesson: PowerPoint, Reading Passage, Activities, Quiz
This resource pack is a no prep complete lesson (GOOGLE version included!) about the reform movements that took place in the U.S. during the Progressive Era that includes 3-5 days of materials. Audios of the reading passage & quiz are included. This is perfect for students with read aloud accommodations. This resource can also be easily used for distance/digital learning because all components are available in a digital format.
Includes: the beliefs of progressives; political reform including initiatives, referendums, recall votes, the primary system, and the 17 Amendment; labor reform including child labor reform, women labor reform, and worker compensation; conservation movement; muckrakers including Lincoln Steffens, Ida Tarbell, John Spargo, William Hard, Jacob Riis, and Upton Sinclair (The Jungle); women's suffrage; Jim Crow laws (African American segregation; Plessy v. Ferguson; African Americans losing voting rights through literacy tests, poll taxes, and harassment; the Ku Klux Klan; contributions of Booker T. Washington & W. E. B. Du Bois; the founding of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP); and racial discrimination against Asians, Mexicans, and Native Americans.
WANT TO TRY A FREE NO PREP LESSON? DOWNLOAD MY COLD WAR SUPERPOWERS TO CHECK IT OUT!
Looking for something more comprehensive? Check out my Progressive Era & Imperialism curriculum unit.
This lesson is included in my Progressive Era & U.S. Imperialism Unit Bundle. Buy the bundle and save 25%!
Perfect for sub plans!
This lesson can teach itself. Students can easily check their own answers with the included answer keys.
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE, so you can easily assign to your students! The quiz is also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quiz is also self-grading!
• 21 slide PowerPoint presentation that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes (PowerPoint presentation includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lesson)
• slotted notes page so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentation Editable slotted notes included!
• informational reading passage about the reform movements that took place in the U.S. during the Progressive Era (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the "paper saver" version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the "note-taking" version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 2 worksheet pages with 4 activities (key terms, dates & events, significant people, and a literacy connection) Each activity has two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quiz
• GOOGLE version of all components
• GOOGLE Form self-grading quiz
• audio of reading passage & quiz
→Short on time?←
Simply give students the reading passage, and they can complete the activities independently. All information needed for the activities is contained in the reading passage! This can also be used for homework.
++++++++++US HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
==========NO PREP UNITS FOR US HISTORY==========
++++++++++WORLD HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
=========NO PREP UNITS FOR WORLD HISTORY=========
© Brainy Apples/Heather LeBlanc, LLC