Refugee by Alan Gratz Novel Study contains lessons aligned to the Common Core Standards (CCSS) for grades 5-7. This comprehensive printable unit includes vocabulary practice, comprehension quizzes/chapter questions, constructed response writing prompts, skill practice, and language arts lessons.
Be sure to check out all three versions of the Refugee Book Unit to determine which best fits your teaching needs and style.
Version #1 -- Refugee [Alan Gratz] Google Digital + Printable Book Unit (This product contains the entire printable version + interactive quizzes + Google Digital Slides.)
Version #2 -- Refugee [Alan Gratz] Printable Book Unit (This product contains the entire printable version.)
Version #3 -- Refugee [Alan Gratz] Abridged Printable Book Unit (This version contains vocabulary practice, comprehension questions, and constructed response writing.)
The printable resource includes the following:
Lesson Plans at a Glance
• Vocabulary List (38 focus words)
• Vocabulary Bookmarks
• Vocabulary Word Cards
• Vocabulary Practice Booklet (20 page booklet)
• Vocabulary Test
• 18 Comprehension Quizzes (1 for every three chapters) with multiple choice, sequencing, matching, and short answer
• 19 Constructed Response Writing Questions
Language Arts and Reading Skills
Skill Practice/ Aligned to the Common Core State Standards
• Charts for Collecting Information for Refugee Essay
• Pronouns (Subjective/ Objective/ Possessive) Organizer
• Figurative Language Organizer
• Compare and Contrast Writing Unit
Lesson #1 – Two Ways to Compare Topics
Lesson #2 – Writing a Thesis Statement
Lesson #3 – Writing an Introductory Paragraph
Lesson #4 – Writing Body Paragraphs
Lesson #5 – Writing the Conclusion
Lesson #6 – Editing and Proofreading the Essay
• Punctuation Organizer (Commas, Parenthesize, and Dashes)
• Spelling Rules Organizer and Printables for Prefixes meaning NOT
• Context Clues Organizers and Task Cards
Please download the preview for a closer look.
°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆*”˜˜”*°
If you are looking for additional book units, click here to see the full list of ★available titles.