Complete Lesson Plan, Activity, and Documents for reviewing Religions and Belief Systems. Includes the following documents.
1. Lesson Plan aligned to New York State Standards
2. Bellringer Activity Worksheet and Key
3. Religions and Belief Systems Review Graphic Organizer Packet
4. Religions and Belief Systems PowerPoint Presentation (file is a self playing PowerPoint- it will automatically start the presentation when opened)
5. Find Someone Who Activity- includes student worksheet, key, and question cards
The lesson is designed around cooperative learning:
Bellringer- have students work in pairs to fill in the graphic organizer with the terms from the included word bank. Activity should take approximately 5 minutes
PowerPoint: Brief teacher instruction- explain the fundamentals of the major world religions/belief systems. This should take 15-20 minutes
Find Someone Who: Distribute the student worksheet. Then, give each student a question card. Have students answer only their question card on the worksheet. Once they have answered their one question, students are to get up, move around the room, and discuss the remaining questions with each other until the worksheet is complete. Once the worksheet is complete, review the correct answers with the class to check for understanding. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
I recently completed this activity with my 10th grade global studies class to review for their upcoming regents exam. The lesson took one 40 minutes class period, and the students enjoyed it.