With this product you receive a powerhouse of bilingual meals and regional dishes in one compact reference glossary. This thematic reference is formatted into 13 category headings and presents common (and uncommon) plates from Spanish speaking culture. All of the terminology is related to conversations that you will have about food meals and traditional cuisine. The pages are formatted for your document camera, smartboard or to use as handouts for seat work.
What is included:
• Over 175 bilingual meals, dishes, beverages, adjectives and tableware vocabulary
• Separate verb, adjective and seasonal foods reference formatted for document camera or smartboard
• Student food adjective practice worksheet
• Two worksheets and answer keys
• Spanish speaking country and nationality adjective chart
• Daily Lesson Plan Suggestions
• Variations and adaptations for beginner, accelerated and advanced Spanish language learners
• Teacher resources; websites, books, recipes, music and video
Each vocabulary word is indicated with the use of singular and plural vocabulary words and definite articles. The teacher designates the type or quantity of words that may be needed for the unit. Get ready for lively debates selecting a restaurant and what constitutes a healthy meal. With this amazing collection of vocabulary your students will be inspired to learn and internalize words and expressions that are important to them.
The activities may be used as introductory or review and serve as a foundation tool for any of your conversations about meals and local cuisine. Are you discussing likes and dislikes? What about healthy and non-healthy eating habits? Restaurant role plays? No problem! A dynamic word bank that your students will reference over and over again throughout the year. Give your students the exciting vocabulary that they need to fully engage in any restaurant or table environment.
Essential skill practice:
- Definite and indefinite articles
- Adjective agreement
- Regional food vocabulary
"Regional Food and Meal Vocabulary Thematic Reference may be purchased individually to supplement your food unit and textbook curriculum. If you need additional support materials please see my additional resources below. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Put your valuable time back in your hands.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Restaurant Dialogue and Regional Food Vocabulary Bundle
Food Categories Vocabulary Thematic Reference
Breakfast Food Photo Images
Fruit Photo Images