PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
“Regions of Missouri” is a Social Studies created to help students understand the five geographical regions of Missouri. The original informational text included in this lesson provides a summary of each region’s unique characteristics.
The five geographical regions in this lesson include the following: Dissected Till Plains, Ozark Highlands, Western Plain, Coastal Plain, and Till Plain. However, in my research for this lesson, I learned that each region has different names by which they are called. These variations are written in smaller print on the foldables and mentioned in the text.
Included in this product:
• Detailed 5-page lesson outline (PREVIEW)
• “I Can” Learning Goals Chart
• Essential Questions Chart
• Content-rich Informational Text
• Teacher’s Guide for the Informational Text
• Cloze (scaffolded) Notes for informational text with answer key
• 3D Graphic Organizer (foldable)
• Words to Know Printable – reviewing difficult words in text
• Map Activity
• Constructed-response writing prompt and scoring guide
Suggestions for how to use the activities in this lesson with an interactive notebook are also included. The 3D graphic organizer, map, and writing prompt will fit within the pages of a standard composition notebook. However, the lesson is designed so that it can also be used without such notebooks.
Also available in the Show-Me State Series:
Happy Teaching! ~ The Reflective Educator ☺