If you're anything like me, finding time for social studies while teaching the language arts curriculum can be a challenge. This product is designed to integrate social studies TEKS into writing revising and editing TEKS.
This is a set of writing revising and editing passages for the four regions of Texas (Central Plains, Gulf Coastal Plains, Mountains and Basins, and Great Plains).
There is one revising and editing passage for each region of Texas including information on the climate, natural landmarks, natural resources and major cities in each region. The regions of Texas are usually taught at the beginning of fourth grade (where I work) so the revising and editing TEKS featured in this set are fairly easy/basic ones, including:
- Revising: where to insert a detail, what sentences should be removed
- Capitalization: beginning of a sentence, names of cities/states, official names of places (Canadian River vs river)
- Homophones: buy/by, to/two/too, their/they're/there, threw/through, one/won, for/four.
- Commas: in a list
Following the revising and editing questions for each passage for the regions are four social studies comprehension questions:
- How could you describe the climate in the __________ region of Texas?
- What are some cities located in this region?
- What are some natural resources found in this region?
- What natural landmarks can be found in this region?