My Regions of the United States Project includes 2 full pages of informational text on each of the five regions. Students read about each region, take notes, and rewrite in own words to create a book or poster project.
I have found that my 5th graders have trouble synthesizing information when researching, so I created this project in order to teach them.
Included in this 40 page project are:
- 2 full pages of text on each of the 5 regions - filled with facts
- Color pages for students to write their own work on each region
- Black/white pages for students to write their own work on each region
- Information on how to take notes
- Extension on how to use additional sources
- Blank note taking sheets
- Map of U.S. with states and regions labeled
- Blank map of the U.S.
- Blank map of regions separated of the U.S.
This project covers Language Arts Common Core Standards.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Also, visit my blog at www.applejacksteacher.blogspot.com