Looking for an easy way to use close reading strategies across the content areas and make time for Social Studies? This packet is the perfect introduction to the Southeast Region for 3rd and 4th graders and will leave them wanting to learn more!
This free resource is part of a much larger Close Reading Packet for Regions of the United States.
This freebie includes:
- Southeast Region Close Reading Passage
- Detailed Steps for a 1st read including “What’s the gist?” and a Vocabulary Graphic Organizer
- Main Idea and Key Details Graphic Organizer
- Southeast Region Map for Labeling
- Fun Vocabulary Jigsaw Puzzle Piece
You may also be interested in these other Social Studies/ELA resources:
⭐ Civics and Government Close Reading
⭐ Close Reading - Settlement Patterns in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Caribbean
⭐ Constitution Day Differentiated Close Reading Activities
"Don't forget to leave feedback -you will receive TPT credits that you can use toward future purchases!
Thank you for visiting Teaching in the Heart of Florida!