I created this as an end of year review for my class on regrouping. I have a included a game and several worksheets that include two step word problems. I also included sheet that reviewed subtracting with zeros since my students generally have trouble with that. I hope you can use it in your classroom!
Common Core Standards:
2.NBT Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract.
5. Fluently add and subtract within 100 using strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
6. Add up to four two-digit numbers using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
7. Add and subtract within 1000, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method. Understand that in adding or subtracting three-digit numbers, one adds or subtracts hundreds and hundreds, tens and tens, ones and ones; and sometimes it is necessary to compose or decompose tens or hundreds.
8. Mentally add 10 or 100 to a given number 100–900, and mentally subtract 10 or 100 from a given number 100–900.
9. Explain why addition and subtraction strategies work, using place value and the properties of operations.1