Also included in
- Engage your students with this Solving Equations and Inequalities bundle.There are 7 activities in this bundle including:2 Error Analysis Activities: Students find the error and then solve the problem correctly.1 Comparison Activity: Students will compare literal and regular equations side-by-sidePrice $16.80Original Price $21.00Save $4.20
- This Algebra I bundle contains 47 resources! From escape rooms, and error analysis to jumble puzzle activities, scavenger hunts, and more your students will stay engaged, interested and motivated all year long. Check out the exactly what's included below. *Note: Not all of these resources are digiPrice $134.59Original Price $168.24Save $33.65
- Literal Equations Lesson Pack PLUS a Side by Side Comparison ActivityGive your students everything they need for solving literal equations. This EDITABLE lesson includes notes, practice, homework, a side-by-side comparison activity between regular and literal equations and answer keys!Here's exactlyPrice $5.40Original Price $6.75Save $1.35
Regular VS Literal Equations: A Comparison Activity
How often do your students get confused when trying to solve a literal equation? It's like all of the rules of Algebra are completely forgotten. This activity will help your students see both a regular equation and a literal equation side-by-side. After they solve the regular equation, the literal equation beside it will be solved similarly. This way students can compare the similarities in solving these types of equations.
This resource also includes an activity that uses writing in math. Students choose one of the problems to solve and write in words what they did in a step-by-step format.
A rubric for the math words activity and an answer sheet are also included.
This resource includes:
- 24 Regular and Literal Equations for students to solve and compare
- My Math in Words Suggested Instructions
- My Math in Words Student Sheet
- Student Answer Sheet
- Answer Key
- Color and B/W copies
Here are some other Algebra I activities you may like!
- Error Analysis of Multi-Step Equations using Task Cards
- Solving Equations Tarsia Puzzle or Matching Activity
- EOC Algebra I Review: 90 Questions with Spiraling Question Mats
- Error Analysis of Multi-Step Inequalities using Task Cards
- Solving One and Two-Step Inequalities: Triangle Mazes Activity
- Error Analysis of Vertex and Intercept Form of Quadratics to Standard Form
- Error Analysis of Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
- Polynomial Operations Escape Room using Google Forms
- Error Analysis of Solving for y and Graphing Linear Equations
- Error Analysis of Solving Equations in Slope-Intercept Form using y = mx + b to find b
How do I get TpT credit for future purchases?
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you feedback credits that you may use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
|Absolute| Algebra ©