Reindeer Nonfiction Reading - A nonfiction mini-unit filled with information about reindeer, perfect for Christmas or winter reading.
This is part of my Holidays Nonfiction Bundle
Reindeer Round-Up is a fun way to integrate nonfiction reading into your activities this Christmas and holiday season. This activity contains a set of 8 full-color cards with real photographs and information about reindeer, along with two full page informational text sheets - at two levels. Use the cards as a "walk the room" activity, print them out for a center or individual booklets, or project them onto an interactive whiteboard.
Here's what's included"
- A set of 8 full-color cards with real photographs and information about reindeer and 2 levels of full page informational text (same information, different format)
- Question cards and recording sheet for “Find the Answer” and “Main Idea” task
- Thinking maps: “Can, Have, Are” and a blank web
- Reindeer Round-up Board game
- Graphic organizers for after reading thoughts and to plan informational writing
- Writing papers (3 different kinds of lines) with a reindeer theme
Be sure to take a look at the preview to see what's included.
This activity is included in my Christmas Bundle
Looking for more holiday ideas?
Christ-MATH Card Games
Sunny Santa- ELA and Math Centers
Christmas Fix-It - a freebie
Looking for more nonfiction units?
Being a Scientist
All About Turkey
Endangered Animals nonfiction
Animals in Winter
All About Insects
All About Spiders
All About American Robins
All About Groundhogs
All About Frogs
to see them all!
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa. Second Grade Stories