Also included in
- These Story Writing Activities were created specifically for classrooms of students with multiple disabilities, but can also be great for lower elementary classrooms. In these writing activities every student will be able to create a themed story by either choosing errorless pictures to complete a p$18.60$23.25Save $4.65
The writing process can be so much fun when kids get to use creative writing during the holidays! In this Reindeer Story Writing activity, students of all abilities can get creative and participate in the writing process.
This Reindeer Writing Activity is differentiated and specifically for special education classrooms with students of different abilities, but can also be used in lower elementary classrooms. Every student will be able to create a story by either choosing error-free pictures to complete a pre-made story template or developing their own ideas. Students will use the writing process to the best of their ability to create, draft, edit, and publish their Reindeer Stories. In each Reindeer Story students choose a character, setting, problem, and solution. Students can add as many details as they choose.
This Reindeer Writing Activity is NO-PREP, LOW-INK and ready to go!
PRE-WRITING: Story Web
- Students can write their own ideas on the Story Web or cut/paste errorless picture choices.
DRAFTING: Rough Draft
- Blank lines for stronger writers
- Story Starter Page with blank lines
- Story Starter and Sequencing Page
- Complete the Story with errorless cut/paste picture-choices for students with limited fine-motor skills or who have difficulty developing ideas and complete sentences (3 different stories included)
EDITING: Editing Checklist
- Editing Checklist for stronger writers to use when editing their DRAFTING Page
PUBLISHING: My Reindeer Story Poster or Mini Book
- Blank Writing Page and Picture Page for Final Draft
- Final Draft Templates for error-free choices (cut/paste) – This version is simply a repeat of the drafting activity, but allows students to continue the writing process with their classmates.
- Mini Book for Independent and Emerging Writers
More Christmas Activities:
More Differentiated Writing Activities:
Follow my store for new resources, sales, and freebies! All new resources are 20% off the first 2 days!