Also included in
- Looking for nonfiction texts for your students? Need engaging passages that your students will want to read? Looking for nonfiction reading passages suitable for ESL / ELL learners? Look no further.....this Leveled Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Passages Bundle has everything you will need. This i$66.99$132.00Save $65.01
- Help students learn all about holidays around the world and Christmas around the world with these super fun nonfiction reading passages. All your students will be able to join in the fun because these task cards are leveled and can easily be differentiated. What's more, each task card includes readi$12.95$24.00Save $11.05
Help students learn all about Christmas beetles, reindeers and Christmas trees with these leveled non-fiction reading passages. There are six cards in total with two levels. Level 1 is of grades 1-3 reading level and level 2 is of K-1 reading level. You may choose the set that you want to print out, laminate and reuse. I use the easier sets with my ESL students. Reading comprehension is one of the most important skills teachers can impart to their students. Help students develop critical thinking skills with this set.
The Bundle is now available! Save 20% + ALL future unit updates FREE!
- 6 passage cards for level 1 (Grades 2-3) with questions for responding to the text.
- 6 passage cards for level 2 (Grades K-1) with questions for responding to the text.
- 3 response sheets
- 2 independent comprehension readers (each level) and questions to follow.
Skills these cards address are:
- identifying details
- understanding content
- expanding vocabulary
- drawing conclusions
You might like these other leveled reading comprehension task cards:
Common Core Standards:
CC.1.RL.1 – Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
CC.1.RL.2 - Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
CC.1.RF.3 – Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
CC.1.L.4 - Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 1 reading and content, choosing flexibly from an array of strategies.
RF.1.4: Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
How to use these cards:
There are many options upon using these cards and they are all depending on preferences. In literacy centres, you could print, laminate and instruct students to highlight the key evidence from the text, as well as look for meanings in new vocabulary.
You could also print out the black and white versions and give each student a different text to work on. Following this, they could summarize their text in writing or they could orally present it to the class.
More Christmas Units you might like:
Hope you love them! Happy teaching! ❤️