Relative Pronouns and Defining Clauses: Definitions Balderdash Game and Lesson
Not Grade Specific
- Google Docs™
Made for Google Drive™
Provides a structured formula for writing definitions with relative clauses for Intermediate ESL/EFL/ELLs. Defining words with dependent pronouns is an integral step towards fluency. Organized into a simple, shareable, editable chart in Google Drive.
- Warm Up, which can be used independently as an ice breaker or end of class filler
- A Grammar Lesson on the use of relative clauses (who, whose, which, that, where, when) and interactive chart that visually organizes individual components of a definition.
- A Definitions Game similar to Balderdash, where students must use correct grammatical structure to create unreal definitions for new words. The class then votes on what they think is the correct definition, and points are awarded.
Included in the Teacher's Notes is a list of 40 random, kooky words to introduce to the class.
Students will come away from this lesson able to define words using relative pronouns.
- Enjoy this lesson to the fullest extent of the law.
- Please leave me some previews. (the 'p' is silent.:)
- Check out some of my other lessons and activities in my store.
- Recommend other ESL-related topics you'd like to see in my store.
- Visit my website at talkintownenglish.com.
- Be the best teacher you can be. I'll do the same.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.