This relay race activity reviews the understanding of Adding, Subtracting, and Multiplying RADICALS - No Variables
. Students will work with:
1. Adding/Subtracting Square Root Radicals
2. Adding/Subtracting nth Root Radicals
3. Multiplying SQRT Monomial by SQRT Monomial
4. Multiplying SQRT Monomial by SQRT Binomial
5. Multiplying SQRT Binomial by SQRT Binomial
Please refer to the preview above for examples on the type of questions presented in this race.
There are 8 rounds in each round there are 4 questions provided. The student will have to use the answer from the previous question to move forward with the questions in the round.
When the group members complete the 4 questions in the round, the round is then completed and they must bring it to the teacher to check it. If the final answer is incorrect, the teacher will give the sheet back to the team to confer and figure out the mistake and fix it from there.
The teacher keeps track of the rounds on the attached Tracking Sheet. The answer key to the Relay Race is provided in two different formats:
1. Final answer is grouped in a table (Please see preview above)
2. Individual answers to each of the problems is listed on an additional round form. (Please see preview above)
There are a total of 8 rounds (A total of 32 different questions). A preview is provided showing the type of questions this FUN relay race has.
Finally, in the directions provided, I shared two different ways to conduct the relay race. One way by assigning a problem per round, the other is by assigning 4 per setting.
This Relay Race is part of Relay Race - Bundle Operations on Radicals
Enjoy and I thank you for visiting my store!!!