Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- The Relief and Substitute Teacher Bundle has 12 fantastic Resources in it Guaranteed to save you money and give you a host of ideas to support you in your daily Teaching.This bundle has my most popular resources in it. "The Survival Kit for Casual Relief Teachers"-111 pages of ideas and activities l$30.00$50.00Save $20.00
- This Massive Substitute and Relief Teaching resource bundle is perfect for any elementary school teacherAre you looking to start building your Relief teaching resource kit?The Ultimate Relief Teaching Survival Kit is designed for any elementary- primary teacher, with a focus on supporting Relief-Sub$300.00$469.75Save $169.75
Being a relief teacher and a substitute teacher can come with its own set of challenges. This Relief Teacher Survival Kit is your one-stop resource for handling a job assignment with confidence and ease! Your students will LOVE all of the easy-to-use activities and printables, too!
If you are just starting out in your teaching career, or if you need a spark of new ideas, this resource is jam-packed with activities you can use with your students. It includes hundreds of fun, authentic, and engaging activities that I have used with great success in my own classrooms throughout my teaching career.
if any teacher has ever relieved anotherteacher’s class, then they will have realised it is very different from having their own group of students and being well-prepared can make the day much less
stressful. Depending on the age group that you are making yourself available to teach this may specific grades or even K-12. Don’t totally rely on the class teacher to have work prepared for the class. You need to be completely prepared and flexible , just in case there are any last minute changes.
Even if work has been set for the class, you may need to access your knowledge of the internet to find some websites in a hurry that will reinforce and support the topic that you have been left to teach.
I have linked to hundreds of brilliant websites and activities that you can access by keeping this ebook on your thumb drive for easy access.
I began to build a resource kit for myself when I began casual teaching, and then I realised just how many ideas and activities I had been using over my 40 year teaching career. I have spent many hours
searching through websites, searching books for great ideas and activities.
I have now collected and compiled my book of activities and hints for casual
teachers ......A survival Kit to take with you when the phone rings, and you aren't sure what
to take with you.
The eBook can be used with any storage, to access when you need a quick activity or web link. Copyright is granted to print off 1 copy for personal classroom use. 111 pages
This amazing, one-stop resource has you covered in every area! It includes:
• Classroom Management Strategies for the Relief Teacher - Get control of your situation and classroom right away with these helpful strategies and tips.
• 5-10 Minute Time Fillers - 35 super-fun time fillers to use during those short periods of time throughout the day. Students LOVE these!
• Math Games - Keep your students practicing their math skills in a fun, interactive way.
• Writing and Literacy - If your class needs to work on their writing skills, they will enjoy the variety of these wonderful writing activities.
• Spelling Games - 17 spelling games at your fingertips!
• Games - These general games are great for indoor recess or during free time.
• Thinking Skills - 10 activities to increase higher-level thinking.
• Silly Songs - Traditional children's songs are a great way to break the ice with your students!
This resource truly has everything you need to start your day off well and to keep things running in a positive, organized manner as a relief teacher!
The key to feeling less stress and having more success as a substitute teacher is being organised and well-prepared. You can use this resource in one of two ways:
1) Access the PDF with clickable web links via your own device.
2) Print and bind the pages into a book format, which you can take with you to your various teaching assignments.
This click and go resource for teachers includes all the links you need to explore websites across the curriculum and to find further relevant websites and activities to use in your classroom. I've even included links to videos and music to accompany the songs!
Author's Note: Since compiling the first edition of this resource in 2010, the classroom of the 21st Century has changed rapidly. Collaboration amongst teachers has also evolved, whether it be through Facebook, Blogging, Weeblies , Wiki spaces, Livebinder, Symbaloo, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
There is so much on the internet now that at times it can become consuming and slightly overwhelming. I have made it even easier for you by including more website links and descriptions of each website. These links will help you to enrich the activities that are included in this resource!
FIRST AND SECOND HAND ACCOUNTS of recent Australian Events
I hope that you find this resource helpful with explicit teaching of first and second-hand accounts of an event. They have been based on Australian events for use in Australian schools, or if you are studying Australia as a unit of work.
Extensive research has gone into each passage and they have been written to fit the purpose of this teaching focus
There are prompt cards, language analysis charts, comparison templates, links to footage of the events on YouTube, links to some fantastic resources to practise this challenging activity (including power points)
Cliff Young wins the Westfield Ultra Marathon
Cathy Freeman wins Gold at the Sydney 2000 Olympics
The opening of the Sydney Harbour Bridge
Australia II wins the America's cup
The opening of the Sydney Opera House
Jessica Watson sails solo around the world
Thredbo Landslide disaster
Cyclone Tracy devastates Darwin
Kevin Rudd's apology to the Stolen Generation
Linked to Australian outcomes
Ever needed a quick activity to have in your toolkit that is guaranteed to interest your students, and also use as a stimulus to discuss the work of MC Escher and then look at making your own 'optical illusion' art activity. This is a bundled powerpoint and flipbook giving you the option of which you would prefer to use with the IWB with your students.
• Addition to 20 -Halloween Themed Colour by Number-
• Animals Unit- Kindergarten
• Ask for help tags-Behavior management cards
• Award Certficates- great tool for Behaviour Management
• Behavior Posters ideal for classroom management
• Best of Teachers Pay Teachers Marketplace EBook -200 FREEBIES (Back to school )
• Internet for Teachers- Ideal reference with hundreds of categorised websites
• Information Report-Australia lapbooks
• Relief teacher and Substitute Teacher reference books
• Relief Teacher and Substitute Emergency Kit-The Ultimate Relief Teaching Kit
Did you know you can earn TPT credit to use on future purchases? Here's how:
1) Go to your My Purchases page.
2) Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
3) Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
4) You earn credits toward future purchases every time you leave feedback!
Be the first to know about our new discounts, freebies and new products:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower. Once you follow us, you will receive an email each time we add a new product to my Oceanview Resources store on TPT!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. The best part is that you earn credits toward future purchases every time you leave feedback!
Be the first to know about our new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower. Once you follow us, you will receive an email each time we add a new product to my Oceanview Resources store on TPT!
Interested in following my BLOG posts, then click here