Year long Greek and Latin roots VISUAL program: cards, leaves, circle map, voting tickets and quizzes.
I have had tremendous success implementing this program in 4-8th grades. Students have enjoyed entering their root guesses with this game-like resource.
Please see preview for an example of the leaves and cards.
Although it is best used as a whole grade wide program, it can also be for an individual classroom. It can also stand alone or for more activities can be the visual companion to Greek and Latin Roots, Grade 4-8 by Trisha Callella. It can be purchased on Amazon.
This is what is included in the 113 page resource:
1. Root Leaves: 60 pages of 10 root word leaves per root. I recommend you print them
on various green and yellow paper or card stock to create your root tree.
2. Root Visual Cards: 30 pages or cards (root word, definition and visual), best printed
on card stock
3. Quizzes: 4 review quizzes and 1 final quiz that can can be used as pre and/or post
4. Tickets: 2 pages to be used for students to enter their guesses of root and meaning
5. Root Circle Map: Recommended to use as a weekly activity
6. Root List: 3 pages that list root, definition and 10 root words
Learning Works Greek and Latin Roots - Grade Level 4 to 8 by Trisha Callella