There are not many movies that illustrate successful teens and are appropriate to show in school. ‘Remember the Titans’ is a wonderful movie about teens in Virginia who had to overcome all the issues involved with newly enacted integration laws both in school and in their quest to win the state championship in football.
Questions are provided to guide the students and help them to focus on the movie as it progresses.
Here are the opening questions:
1. Is the story true?
2. In what year did the story take place?
4. What was the name of the high school?
5. What are the names of the two head coaches?
6. What did the coach do to make the players get acquainted sooner on the trip out to camp?
7. What was the penalty for ‘not being perfect’?
8. What did the coach want them to do with their anger towards each other?
9. How many feet in a mile?
10. At lunch, the coach asked them to tell 3 facts about their roommate. Why?
11. If you had the opportunity to know more about the people in your class, do you think that would help you understand them better?