Remembrance Day is such an important day that does not get the attention it deserves. This unit will help you connect your students to Remembrance Day through songs, video, poems, and writing activities - using Canadian recording artists to discuss the importance of respecting the 2 minutes of silence on November 11, and the significance of the Highway of Heroes. It can easily be connected to your English, Social Studies, or Ethics classes.
This unit includes:
* Youtube link to Terry Kelly’s video for ’A Pittance of Time’
* Youtube link to The Trew’s video for ‘Highway of Heroes’.
* Lyrics for each song for students to follow along
* Discussion questions to use for each video
* In Flander’s Feilds poem
* Little Poppy Poem
* I am a Proud Canadian Colouring Sheet
* Oh Canada English lyrics
* Ô Canada French lyrics
* My Recipe for Peace activity
* A Poppy for You A Poppy for Me activity
Should you have any questions or comments about this product, feel free to email me at email@example.com
Have a great day!