Remembrance Day Lesson is a great way to teach the day of remembrance to your students. This package includes answer key, multiple approaches to complete the lesson depending on the age of your students.
As part of diversity and understanding of the people we share our planet with. I did a month by month study into different cultures and events around the world. To help with this unit I used the following books:
- A Poppy is to Remember By: Heather Patterson
- Why We Remember By: Graysville School
- The Upstair Cat By: Karla Kuskin
- The Land of Many Colours By: Klamath County YMCA Family Preschool
- In Flanders Field By: Linda Granfield
- A Bear in War By:Stephain Innes & Harry Earclrulat
- Faithful Elephants By: Yukies Tsuchuja
- Proud as a Peacock, Brave as a Lion By: Jane Barclay
- The Unknown Soliders By: Linda Granfield
- Bunny the Brave War Horse By: Elizabeth MacLeod
- Truce By: Jim Murphy
Each month on the day or as close as possible I would read the book or any other appropriate book and complete the follow up paper. We then would put the paper into our portfolio. Also I used these events as part of the timeline in my room in which any and all important events were added. At times even pictures where available were placed on the time line.