A straight-forward, 29 page booklet and synopsis of Canada's contributions to war - both past and present - is sure to be an asset to your Remembrance Day lesson plans!
This document includes a student booklet with:
a) a colourable cover page
b) What we know/want to know about Remembrance Day
c) Brief description of Canada's role in World War I
d) Comprehension/reflection questions related to World War I
e) History of John McCrae
f) John McCrae's famous poem
g) Reflection/comprehension questions related to John McCrae
10) Poppy Acrostic Poem page
11) A brief description of Canada's role in World War II
12) Comprehension/reflection of World War II
13) "The Long Journey" - A fictional - but historically accurate- story of a girl who travels to Canada as a evacuee during World War II.
14) Reflection/comprehension of "The Long Journey" story.
15) "Remember" acrostic poem page
16) Soldier adjective web page
17) A moment of Silence - description and activity
18) A continuing story - a brief description of Canada's involvement in conflict after World Wars and current conflicts.
19) Comprehension/reflection questions related to "A continuing story"
20) Letter to a soldier page
21)Remembrance Day Word Search page