Remembrance Day Booklet Includes:
1) Booklet Colouring Title Page;
2) Remembrance Day K-W-L Chart;
3) Remembrance Day Vocabulary (Read, Trace, Write);
4) Fill in the Blank (Based off of "A Poppy is to Remember" story);
5) Poppy Facts + Why we wear a poppy (wearing a poppy drawing activity);
6) Who Do We Remember (poppy wreath drawing activity);
7) Copy of "In Flanders Fields" poem by John McCrae;
8) Better Understanding of Flanders Fields poem (alphabetical order/definitions);
9) "Hide and Seek" (template to create a Remembrance Day wordsearch);
10) PEACE (what does peace look & sound like?/how can we be peacemakers?);
11) Crack the Code (reveal a Remembrance Day fact);
12) Show what you know (explain what "Remembrance Day" is to a kindergartener);
13) Answer keys for fill in the blank and crack the code activities.
The worksheets in this booklet are designed to be used in conjunction with Heather Patterson's book, "A Poppy is to Remember" (scholastic)- not included. All worksheets CAN BE completed without a copy of this book; however, if you are looking for an informative and age-appropriate Remembrance Day book with beautiful pictures, it is a GREAT resource to add to your classroom library.
Recommended for grades 1 through to 4. The worksheets vary in level of difficulty. The pages are not numbered so use whichever activities you feel are appropriate for your class!