This Poppy Doubles Game will help your students practice the math addition strategy of doubling.
In this game, players take turns rolling a die. They must then double the number they roll and place a chip on the answer. The first player to cover all their numbers is the winner. If time runs out, whoever has the most numbers covered wins.
This game would make a great extension activity or center game. You could even send copies home for students to play with their families.
This set contains three versions of the game:
1) Game boards going to 6+6 which can be played using a standard 6-sided die.
2) Game boards going to 9+9 which can be played using a 10-sided die.
2) Game boards going to 12+12 which requires the use of a 12-sided die.
Having three different versions of the game board allows for differing mathematical ability levels to compete at the same game.
Additional materials needed to play:
- a die
- markers (such as pennies or beans)
Please visit my store for more fun primary mathematics activities with a focus on place value, addition, & subtraction.
Remembrance Day Games are available for the following addition strategies:
- Plus One
- Plus Two
- Plus Three
- Rainbow 10s (numbers that add up to 10)
- Adding 0 & 10
- Doubles (6+6)
- Doubles + 1 (6+7 = 6+6+1)
- Adding 9
- Adding 8
For just $5.00 you can download the bundle that contains all the strategies!
* Be sure to hit the 'follow me' button to keep up to date on all my exciting upcoming releases.