Winner of "THE WRITERS AWARD" from the EFTO for 2014!
Theatre is a powerful teaching and learning tool.
The historical plays in this resource contain age-appropriate content that can be used to engage children in the stories of the struggles, sacrifices, and triumphs that Canadians of all walks of life endured in the dart and dangerous days of wartime.
These five plays include scenes both at the home front and overseas which incorporate real events, names, and places to engage both the audience and the participants in historical thinking.
- Letters From the Great War, 1914-1918 Grades 7 to 12
- Waiting for D-Day, 1939-1945 Grades 5 to 12
- Remembering Korea, 1950-1953 Grades 7 to 12
- A Trio of Wars, A Gift of Peace Grades 5 to 12
- Four Questions About Peace Grades 5 to 12
A complete teacher guide includes ways to make the plays work for you, audition application form, production tips, staging ideas, costumes, props and set ideas & more!